The Narrowband connectivity is performed with a module from u-blox, the SARA-R410M-02B, a low power chipset operating in the different bands of the IoT LTE cellular range.
Key points to check before performing the Sara Module test:
- Make sure that the sim card supports CAT-M1 or NB-IoT and there is enough credit in the sim card.
- Please double check that your sim card is not locked with PUK number. To verify it, insert the sim card in your mobile and unlock it with a PUK number provided by an operator.
- Keep the 4 digit PIN number of your NB-IoT sim card.
- Connect the LiPo battery and an antenna to the NB 1500 board.
- Make sure you have selected the preferred RAT of the SIM card you are using. You can check how to do it here.
File > Examples > MKRNB > Tools > SerialSarapassThroughand upload the sketch.
Open the Serial monitor and send the following AT commands in the input box and press SEND.
The output will show an “OK” confirmation which depicts that the “Sara module” is working properly. For the LTE CAT M1 network, set +URAT=7 whereas +URAT=8 for the NB-IoT network only.