This article will guide you when adding a 3rd party board, in this case an ESP8266 device, to the Arduino IoT Cloud. Please note that the same steps will be taken to connect any of the other supported boards.
- Create Maker Plan
- Arduino Cloud supported 3rd party boards (ESP8266, Pelion, Generic LoRa)
- Data USB cable to connect the board to the computer
- Arduino Create agent installed
- Arduino account
Go to the IoT Cloud.
Sign in to your account.
On top of the page select
- Click on
- Select the
Set up a 3rd party devicesection in the pop-up window. The setup process will start as soon as you click it.
Make sure you have Create Agent installed and running.
- You have to select the type of board and make of the board.
- Give a name to the device (you can keep the random name or you can provide a personalized one), then click
- In this window, you will get your Device ID and the secret key for it. Make sure you save it before you click on the small box below the window, as it will not be revealed again.
Continueoption will be greyed out till you check the box.
- The setup is complete" Press
You will be able to see your board under the
Note: You can only have 1 3rd party cloud enabled board under Arduino IoT cloud at a time.