The MKR IoT Carrier is equipped with a battery holder that allows us to have portable projects. If you want to power your project with a battery, you will need one 18650 Li-Ion 3.7V battery, which can be purchased from most electronic vendors.
What you’ll need
- Explore IoT Kit
- MKR IoT Carrier
- Arduino MKR board (such as the MKR WiFi 1010)
- Battery connection cable (black and red wires)
- 18650 3.7V Li-ion battery
- Mount the board on top of the MKR IoT Carrier, making sure the pin names line up.
- Connect the battery connection cable between the board and the carrier.
- Place the battery in the holder with the polarity matching that of the board.
The assembly should now look like the one in the image below.