Minors under the age of 14 can create an Arduino (Junior) account without using their email. They will need the consent from their parents to create the account and the parents will need an Arduino account in order to give consent for their kids to create the Junior account. Parents can read about how to can create an account here
Steps for creating a Junior account
- Go to the log-in page and click on
Create one, just beneath the "Password" field.
- Provide the child's date of birth (DD / MM / YYYY) and then click next
You will be provided with a random generated username which can be randomized again by clicking on the circular arrow inside the tab until you get a username that you like. You can also change your Avatar on this page by clicking on
Type a password (minimum 8 characters long) that you like to keep for your account. Makes sure that you note down the username and password of your account as you will need them to log in to your account. You can double check the details and then click next.
- In this page you will have to provide your parents email. Make sure that you provide the correct email address. Click on send email.
- The email provided in the previous step will get an email and the parent will have to click on the Finalize Junior Account tab inside the email in order to finalize the account.
The parent will be asked to log in to their own Arduino account in order to finalize the account. If they do not have an account connected to the email they will be prompted to create one. If they already have an existing Arduino account with another mail you can use that to finalize the junior account.
After logging, in the parents will be able to see the junior account credentials (avatar, username, password and the date of birth). If the parent wants to make changes to the junior account, they can do it from this page.
In the next page, the parent has to go through the consent page and tick the 3 checkboxes. Then click on
- The Parent account will have a new section with connected to their profile page with the Junior account.
Parents can edit their Junior account (reset password or delete the account) through the Junior account section in their profile page. Parents can also add more junior accounts if they want from the same section just by clicking on
ADD ANOTHER, then setting up the password and Date of Birth and then again checking the consent.